VS 2010 Professional doesn’t support Static code analysis. Here is a simple way to integrate FxCop to Visual Studio. (It was also using External tools option from Visual Studio tools menu.)
- In the Title text box, type FxCop. .
- To set the value of the Command text box, browse to the location where FxCop is installed, and select FxCopCmd.exe.
- In the arguments text box, type the following command : /c /f:$(TargetPath) /d:$(BinDir) – More information : FxCop command line reference
- Set the Initial Directory to the location where FxCopCmd should start.
- Select the Use Output window check box. – This will display the output of FxCopcmd.exe to output window, and you can double click and navigate to the line number.
- Click OK.
Happy static code analysis