As posted earlier K-MUG conducted Microsoft Community TechDays in Technopark, Trivandrum on 24th October. I got a chance to attend the event and to met few K-MUG friends.
24th October at ParkCenter, Technopark, Trivandrum
- Windows Azure & Clouds – by Ramaprasanna Chellamuthu.
- SQL Server – Tips and Tricks – by Vinod Kumar
- Coding For Fun – by Shoban Kumar
- Rapid Prototyping – Lessons from the trenches– by Uday M. Shankar.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and interoperability – by Renuka Alex
- Language Integrated Query (LINQ) – by Praseed Pai
- Writing Secure Code – by Jairam Ramesh
- Vinod Kumar works as a Technology Evangelist(Databases and BI) with Microsoft India specializing primarily on SQL Server. You can access his blog at http://blogs.sqlxml.org/vinodkumar/
- Uday M. Shankar is a Principal Engieer in Yahoo User Experience team. You can access his blog at http://udayms.wordpress.com.
- Ramaprasanna Chellamuthu works with Microsoft as a Developer Evangelist. You can access his blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/ramaprasanna/
- Praseed Pai is a .net consultant and a solutions architect. You can access his blog at http://praseedp.blogspot.com
- Renuka Alex is working as a Technical Evangelist at Infosys.
- Jairam Ramesh is a Security Research Consultant with Microsoft Corporation.
- Shoban Kumar is a Microsoft MVP working as a Senior Software Engineer. You can access his blog at http://www.codegeeks.net/
I reached the Venue just at sharp 9′O Clock (on time). There was a queue for registration. After registration, in the venue, I met few K-MUG friends, Binoy, Shoban etc.
By 9.15 Mr.Binoy (Vice President, K-MUG) welcomed all the Speakers and Attendees.
The first session was on Windows Azure by Ramaprasanna Chellamuthu, it is was nice session about What is cloud computing, Why Windows Azure, Windows Azure architecture, etc. And atlast a simple demo on How to develop an application in Windows Azure.
The next session was on SQL Server Tips and Tricks by Vinod Kumar. He started with few nice tweaks in SQL Server Management Studio, and winds up with some hidden gems like SQLDIAG, SQLIOSIM, TABLEDIFF etc.
The next session was taken by Shoban Kumar, on Coding for Fun. This session is all about writing applications for Web 2.0 applications, like Twitter, FaceBook, Bing, GMail etc.Also he give some demo on Bing(Desktop translator), Twitter(TweetMyPC application) and GMail(GMail Notifier) etc. Most of them can be downloaded from Codeplex.com.
Last session in the morning, before lunch was from Uday M Shanker, he was talking about Rapid Prototyping. In this session the main topic was MS SketchFlow, it is tool from Microsoft Blend family, used for Prototyping.
After Lunch break the first session was on LINQ from Praseed Pai. He talked about various LINQ features like LINQ as ORM, Lamda Expressions, types of Lamda expressions. Also some nice demos using LINQ in C#.
Next session was from Renuka Alex, she talked about developing user controls in WPF and using the WPF Usercontrols in Windows Form based Applications.
The Last session of the day taken by Jairam Ramesh, is to how to write secure code. In this session Jairam talked about security of Windows Apps, Web Apps etc. Also some suggestions to write code more securely.
This was the last session, after this the feedback forms collected and lucky draw Winners got some gift packets and Windows 7 DVDs.
*Thanks to Praveen.V.Nair for the session photo.